This is a quick, healthy, and filling salad. Chick peas or garbanzo beans are a dieter’s delight. They are rich in fiber, protein, and iron. Mint and lettuce add flavor and crunch to this salad. Grilled veggies give it a nice smoky flavor. Best way to roast or grill the vegetables would be to grill them on a charcoal or normal gas flame directly. You can roast/grill them in an oven too.
This is an ideal evening snack or you can even make it as a side dish for any meal. I prefer to eat this cold as a complete meal instead of a side dish.
- 2 cups boiled chick peas/garbanzo beans
- ½ red capsicum grilled peeled and chopped
- ½ green capsicum grilled peeled and chopped
- ½ tomato grilled, peeled, and chopped
- ¼ lettuce torn into small pieces
- 2 tbsp chickpeas mashed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp mint powder
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- ¼ tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp basil finely chopped
- 1tbsp fresh mint leaves finely chopped
For the dressing, mix olive oil, salt, mint powder, white pepper powder, lime juice, mashed chick peas, and basil. You can change the quantity of salt and pepper as per taste.
In a bowl mix boiled chickpeas, roasted capsicum, tomato, and lettuce. Pour the dressing and mix thoroughly. Garnish with chopped mint leaves. You can serve this salad warm or chilled.